INTERESTED IN JOINING IATSE LOCAL 822?
We are always looking for qualified people who are passionate about their craft to join us.
Our mission is to organize and create employment opportunities within our community in order to:
PERMIT WORKER HANDBOOK
Download the Permit Worker Handbook below to learn more about working with us.
HOW TO JOIN
Do you have training in your craft of choice? Do you have experience in theatre working backstage? Are you willing to work evenings, weekends, and holidays? Are you aware that our business fluctuates from month to month and year to year? If you said yes to the above questions, apply below.
We are working diligently to get our online application form reinstated.
In the interim, please send your cover letter and resume to apply for permittee status to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your letter and resume should include:
• Your full contact information, including your preferred name and pronouns, mobile phone number, email address, and street address
• Are you a member (current or former) of any other I.A.T.S.E. Local affiliations?
• Your Craft (wardrobe/hairstylist/makeup artist). If you have skills in more than one craft, please let us know.
• Licensing / Special Skills (Are you a tailor or milliner? Do you specialize in period hairstyles or wig making? Can you do bald pates or special effects makeup? Let us know!)
• Experience – tell us what you’ve done and be sure to highlight any theatre experience
• Education – where did you study? Do you have special certificates in your craft?
• Referral / how you found out about us:
We look forward to hearing from you!